Repeat Supplies of Medicine
To provide a safe and speedy service all prescription are computerised. If you are taking regular medication a printout of all your drugs will be attached to your prescription. When you require a repeat prescription please tick the items you require.
You can order repeat prescriptions by:
- Handing your medication printout into the Surgery
- By post
- To one of our local Chemists
- Online service (see below)
For safety reasons requests cannot be accepted by telephone as this may lead to mistakes. Some drugs have similar names and an error may easily occur.
May Bank Holidays
The practice will be closed May Bank Holiday Mondays on 7th and 28th May 2018
Please submit your prescription requests in good time. You can download the Bournemouth & Poole Pharmacy Opening Hours
If you require urgent medical advice and cannot wait until the practice is open please phone NHS 111. Calls to 111 are free from landlines or mobile phones (although the mobile will require a minimum of 1p credit to be in place). There is no facility to leave messages on the practice telephone.
Alternatively, on the Bank Holiday Mondays you can go to the Boscombe and Springbourne Walk In Centre. The address is:
66-68 Palmerston Road
Opening hours are 8.00am – 8.00pm.
Please note that this is a walk-in service and patients will be seen on a first come first served basis, there are no pre-bookable appointments.
999 should still be used in an emergency, when someone is seriously injured or there is a risk to life
Online Repeat Prescription Ordering
If you have registered with the Practice for online repeat prescription ordering, please click on the Patient Access Image below; you can also navigate to our NEW ONLINE SERVICES page:
Electronic Prescribing Service
Littledown Surgery is now using the Electronic Prescribing Service. If you already have your prescriptions sent directly to your preferred chemist we will continue to do this, albeit electronically. So you do not have to do anything for this to continue.
If you would like to nominate a chemist please let Reception know. This saves you coming back into the practice to collect your prescription. Instead it is sent directly to the chemist you wish to use, and you can pick up the medication from there when it is ready.
Please also note the following:
- Two working days’ notice is required for repeat prescriptions. Prescriptions ordered on Friday will not be ready until Tuesday afternoon. If you are requesting additional items which do not appear on your form, please allow 3 full working days in order for the Doctor to check and authorise issue.
- We do not take orders on the telephone to avoid errors in prescribing
- Please leave at least 5 days of tablets prior to putting in your order
- You do not need to see your Doctor for regular repeat medications unless your Doctor has asked specifically for you to attend the surgery
If you would like us to post the prescription back to you please enclose a stamped addressed envelope and allow one week.
Prescriptions are free for:
- Men and women over sixty
- Pregnant women with a valid maternity certificate
- Children under sixteen or up to nineteen in full-time education
- Mothers of babies under twelve months
- People who receive income support (check list on Form P11 from Social Security or Post Office)
- People with family credit
- Certain chronic conditions