For the Doctor
If you need to be seen the same day please telephone us as soon as possible after 8:30am. If your problem requires urgent assistance please make this clear to the Receptionist.
How does our appointment system work?
The Surgery operates an appointment system whereby patients can make an appointment by telephoning the Surgery on 01202 309 500, by calling into the Surgery in person or by using the online system. In order to try and meet demand for appointments most effectively our appointment system offers a number of different types of appointment:
- Emergency appointments
- These are available morning and afternoon, please ring at 8:30am for a morning emergency appointment, or at 2:00pm if you need an afternoon emergency appointment. These appointments are for urgent conditions where you need to see a doctor that day.
- Routine appointments
- These can be booked with whichever doctor you wish a number of weeks in advance (subject to availability of course!). You can book these appointments online if that is more convenient.
- Next day appointments
- hese are appointments that are available for the GPs who are working the next day. Please book these online, or telephone the surgery to book. These are available for non-urgent reasons.
All appointments are for the named patient only. Appointments are usually for ten minutes unless it is for minor Surgery or a medical examination, which takes longer. Please inform the receptionist if this is the case. Patients are also able to book a double appointment if they think they will need longer with the doctor – maybe if there is more than one issue to discuss.
If you wish to see a specific Doctor you will generally be given an appointment within seven days. If the problem is more pressing but non-urgent you may have an appointment within three working days with the next available Doctor. Appointments are available daily for those patients who wish to see a Doctor on the same day who feel that they have an urgent medical problem. In these cases patients are asked to contact the Surgery before 9 am if possible. For urgent medical problems a Doctor will always see you on the same day. However, we are unable to guarantee the Doctor of your choice.
Staff Training Dates
The Surgery will be closed on the following dates for Staff Training Purposes:
- Tuesday 23 July 2019 – Between 15:30 – 18:30
- Thursday 5 September 2019 – Between 13:30 – 16:30
- Tuesday 26 November 2019 – Between 15:30 – 18:30
- Tuesday 14 January 2020 – Between 15:30 – 18:30