Online Appointment Booking System
You can also book routine and next day appointments with a doctor through our systmonline. Please ask at reception for details. If you are a registered user of this online service, please click on the link below> You will be directed to the Logon Screen:
Please Help Us to Help You
- If you cannot keep your appointment – please let us know so that we can offer it to another patient. We do keep a record of all appointments that are missed. If this becomes unacceptable we will contact the individual patient to discuss our concerns.
- If you change your name please let us know so that we can update your records.
- If you move please let us know your new address. If it is outside our Practice area we will need to transfer your records to your new Doctor.
- If you change your telephone number, please let us know so that we can update your records.
Staff Training Dates
The Surgery will be closed on the following dates for Staff Training Purposes:
- Tuesday 23 July 2019 – Between 15:30 – 18:30
- Thursday 5 September 2019 – Between 13:30 – 16:30
- Tuesday 26 November 2019 – Between 15:30 – 18:30
- Tuesday 14 January 2020 – Between 15:30 – 18:30
If you are either incapacitated or too ill to come to the Surgery you may request a home visit. Please telephone before 10 am so that the Doctors can plan their rounds for the day. Be prepared to give the receptionist some indication of the nature and urgency of the problem.
If you need a Doctor IMMEDIATELY please tell the receptionist or dial 999. Please remember that a more complete and effective consultation can be done in the Surgery with the benefit of our modern equipment and help of our nursing staff. The Doctor can see several patients in the Surgery in the time it takes to make one home visit.
Fit for Work Certificate
It is not necessary to have a Doctor’s certificate until you have been absent continuously from work for seven days including weekends. After three days you must obtain a self-certificate (SC2) from your employer. If your employer insists on a private certificate for an illness of less than seven days duration then the Doctor will charge a fee. If your illness continues for more than seven days then under the NHS your GP can issue an official statement (Med3) “fit to work certificate” to confirm your illness. You can also download the SC2 Form.
The ‘fit note’ replaced the doctor’s sick note on 6 April 2010. With your employer’s support, the note may help you return to work sooner by providing more information about the effects of your illness or injury.