Electronic Prescribing Service
Littledown Surgery is now using the Electronic Prescribing Service. If you already have your prescriptions sent directly to your preferred chemist we will continue to do this, albeit electronically. So you do not have to do anything for this to continue.
If you would like to nominate a chemist please let Reception know. This saves you coming back into the practice to collect your prescription. Instead it is sent directly to the chemist you wish to use, and you can pick up the medication from there when it is ready.
Click on the link below to watch a small video explaining EPS:
Please also note the following:
- Two working days’ notice is required for repeat prescriptions. Prescriptions ordered on Friday will not be ready until Tuesday afternoon. If you are requesting additional items which do not appear on your form, please allow 3 full working days in order for the Doctor to check and authorise issue.
- We do not take orders on the telephone to avoid errors in prescribing
- Please leave at least 5 days of tablets prior to putting in your order
- You do not need to see your Doctor for regular repeat medications unless your Doctor has asked specifically for you to attend the surgery
If you would like us to post the prescription back to you please enclose a stamped addressed envelope and allow one week.
Prescriptions are free for:
- Men and women over sixty
- Pregnant women with a valid maternity certificate
- Children under sixteen or up to nineteen in full-time education
- Mothers of babies under twelve months
- People who receive income support (check list on Form P11 from Social Security or Post Office)
- People with family credit
- Certain chronic conditions