The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force on May 25 2018. We understand how important it is to keep your personal information safe and secure, we take this very seriously. We have taken steps to make sure your personal information is looked after in the best possible way and we review this regularly.
Please read our Privacy Notice carefully, as it contains important information about how we use the personal and healthcare information we collect on your behalf.
WHY WE ARE PROVIDING THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We are required to provide you with this Privacy Notice by Law. It explains how we use the personal and healthcare information we collect, store and hold about you. If you are unclear about how we process or use your personal and healthcare information, or you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or any other issue regarding your personal and healthcare information, then please do contact our Data Protection Officer (details below).
The Law says:
- We must let you know why we collect personal and healthcare information about you;
- We must let you know how we use any personal and/or healthcare information we hold on you;
- We need to inform you in respect of what we do with it;
- We need to tell you about who we share it with or pass it on to and why; and
- We need to let you know how long we can keep it for.
THE DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
The Data Protection Officer at the Surgery is Emma Prince. You can contact Emma at [email protected] if:
- You have any questions about how your information is being held;
- If you require access to your information or if you wish to make a change to your information;
- If you wish to make a complaint about anything to do with the personal and healthcare information we hold about you;
- Or any other query relating to this Policy and your rights as a patient.
We, at the Littledown Surgery (‘the Surgery’) situated at Harewood Crescent, Littledown, Bournemouth, BH7 7BU, are a Data Controller of your information. This means we are responsible for collecting, storing and handling your personal and healthcare information when you register with us as a patient.
There may be times where we also process your information. That means we use it for a particular purpose and, therefore, on those occasions we may also be Data Processors. The purposes for which we use your information are set out in this Privacy Notice.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
The information we collect from you will include:
- Your contact details (such as your name and email address, including place of work and work contact details);
- Details and contact numbers of your next of kin and/or carers;
- Your age range, gender, ethnicity;
- Details in relation to your medical history;
- The reason for your visit to the Surgery;
- Medical notes and details of diagnosis and consultations with our GPs and other health professionals within the Surgery involved in your direct healthcare.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU FROM OTHERS
We also collect personal information about you when it is sent to us from the following:
- a hospital, a consultant or any other medical or healthcare professional, or any other person involved with your general healthcare such as the Out of Hours service
- If relevant we may receive information from Social Services, Education, the Police service or other bodies
YOUR SUMMARY CARE RECORD
Your summary care record is an electronic record of your healthcare history (and other relevant personal information) held on a national healthcare records database provided and facilitated by NHS England.
This record may be shared with other healthcare professionals and additions to this record may also be made by relevant healthcare professionals and organisations involved in your direct healthcare.
You may have the right to demand that this record is not shared with anyone who is not involved in the provision of your direct healthcare. If you wish to enquire further as to your rights in respect of not sharing information on this record then please contact our Data Protection Officer.
To find out more about the wider use of confidential personal information and to register your choice to opt out if you do not want your data to be used in this way, please visit www.nhs.uk/my-data-choice.
Note if you do choose to opt out, you can still consent to your data being used for specific purposes. However, if you are happy with this use of information you do not need to do anything. You may however change your choice at any time.
Read the FULL document here: Privacy Notice